Google Glass is the most awaited gadget of 2013/2014 and people are very excited to seeing it work. Today we bring Google Glass specifications, price & previews especially for our readers. Google Glass as “Project Glass” is being developed by the Google with support of other technology providers.
What is Google Glass?
Basic idea to develop “GOOG” is that the computers and internet will be accessible anywhere at any time without having to use one’s hands. It displays the desired information in a smartphone-like format hands-free. It can interact with the Internet via natural language voice commands with the use of Google’s Android operating system.
Google Glass frames do not currently have lenses fitted to them. Google is most likely to considering partnering with sun-glass retailers such as Ray-Ban or Warby Parker. Google may also open retail stores to allow customers to try on the device.
Some of major Google Glass Specifications (Expected)
- Google Glass augmented reality glasses model XEB (FCC id A4R-X1)
- Android OS
- Weight Approx. 36 Grams
- Variety of sensor (Gyroscope, Accelerometer & Magnetometer)
- Touch pad to access and control
- Speaker to listen
- Eye controller to control (10 X 8 mm)
- Visualization effect in 3D
- Broadcom 2.40GHz 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.0 low energy radios
- 3G, 4G connections (No cellular)
- Front-facing camera with flash
- Can pair with Android device (expected to pair with iOS also)
- 3.2 mega pixel (2048 x 1536 p resolution)
- Video recording up to 1080p (HD)
- Brightness >1 000 FLT
- Transparency >78%
Google Glass Price & How to get your Google Glass?
Google is currently taking the pre-order of Google Glass on through a application from. Application process is closed on 28th February, 2013 and you can register here to get update about next opening or update.
Google is currently taking the application with disclosing a selling price of $1500 for 1 no. Google Glass. But according to some of the website and gadget guru’s the expected price of Google Glass would be around $750-$900. They believe that the price would be somewhere around to current smart phones price. The developer versions – traditionally more expensive that the final consumer units.